Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This may become a hard routine to keep up

Seriously, I'm dying here. Not really, but somehow I'm managing to type this out with my eyes half closed and my mouth eternally yawning. Yet I feel the need to resist sleep; as if laying my head on my soft, fluffy pile of pillows would be giving in. And so I am here, determined to surf the web until the wee hours of the of the morning, until my family members awake and find my face plastered to the keyboard.

It will be exciting.


So earlier today I found this link which I found pretty humorous. Mainly I chuckled at the imagery of Bob Dylan just deciding on a whim to take a stroll through a Jersey town in the pouring rain. Just 'cause he was bored before his show; just 'cause he felt like it. And then the image of him being apprehended by clueless young police officers who think he's a mental patient; and then him nonchalantly humoring them by having them perform their duties and take him back where he belongs (really, he just bummed a free ride off these cops back to his concert location, no?).

Maybe Dylan was thrilled at this anonymity, though. Isn't it something he's been trying to achieve for 5 decades? Well, maybe it's really more of a mysterious air that he's after, but nonetheless when I read this I imagine him as more amused than angry or upset. Hopefully he wasn't upset.

But who really knows. It's Bob Dylan. I only wish I could know...

No comments:

Post a Comment