Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hello

Let me be the first to welcome myself to this long-established blogging web-community; I'm pretty sure no one else is planning to step in and do the honors. For at the moment (or maybe a few months or years) I imagine I'll be blogging to a blog with no followers; to empty airspace; to a cyber-wall; to a blank screen. Maybe it will become lonely, but in the meantime, I suppose I'll just use this place to get out a thought or two.

I wonder how people gain "followers" anyway. I would guess they tell their friends who tell their friends and a small base is established. Then, if the blog is more interesting than a pet rock, perhaps the base slowly continues to grow until the blog is a credible source of information/online procrastination. But what if you wish to stay relatively anonymous, like me?

I don't know why I would feel more comfortable posting to random strangers than to my friends and family; I guess because if a person is closer to you, the more critical they can be. Though, really, any person can be just as critical as the next; so, I guess you worry less about what strangers think than acquaintances. At least this is what I reason.

So, maybe a few of you here and there will tune it. All I'm really relying on is random viewers happening upon this little midnight project and choosing to return a second, fifth or seventy-second time. Hey, you never know; sometimes reading nonsense can be fun. Until then, I'll just continue to use this as my public-internet-journal. Works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment